Sunday, May 31, 2020

May Is Over

Though still observing social distancing, May's temperatures are making being outside not the joy it was during March and April. And sad news of more than 100,000 deaths in the US and chaos in cities following the inexcusable murder by police makes watching TV news a punishment. So I must look outside for beauty.
Today is Pentecost Sunday when Christians celebrate the Holy Spirit. We certainly need to be reminded that God is with us. On my front porch one of my favorite plants is covered in tiny blue flowers (Blue Daze). I have this in two other places in flowerbeds. My angel wing begonia (also in a pot on the front porch) is growing and sporting large leaves.


Last week I was surprised by five tiny tomatoes showing color on a plant I have had for a couple of weeks. I bought three plants and have high hopes for little sweet tomatoes. All five of these were a delicious snack.



I decided to change a few of my pieces of fiber art hanging in the guest bedroom. This Interleave Symphony shows up nicely on the pale yellow wall. Improv Music is on the other side of the room.



I found a package of postcards with line drawings ready to color or paint and started a little bit of the color and then sent to friends with the message "Don't worry; be happy; make art"  hoping they would enjoy finishing the art. Of course, they may wonder why I sent a partially done painting!

A little stitching occurred on this green damask-type fabric. More on this later. It seemed a much better use of my time than making ruffle doggie collars for nieces and granddaughters in Texas. But  making the best use of time isn't always the goal.


2 comments:

tierneycreates said...

Nice fiber art in your guest bedroom! I love the potted plants and the coloring postcards look cheerful. I hope when June is over things will be a little better in our country, kind of rough right now.

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Tierney. I'm enjoying a change of art on the wall, and these pieces are happy to be out of the closet.