Friday, May 15, 2020

Mid-May Safe at Home

I am working on a lavender/purple ghost quilting piece at the sewing machine. I call it "ghost quilting" because I am stitching in what I think would be in the unknown area outside the center floral fabric. I start with a black foundation, apply a square/rectangle of floral fabric, and thread-paint the flower, imagining what is in the outer black "ghost" area.
A new puzzle is on the table. First I unrolled white paper before emptying out the pieces--voila! Thanks to Linda Ginn for this suggestion to help with visibility. Elizabeth is very possessive of the space and often waits for me there. Rahrah tries out the box, but it is only big enough for sitting--no curling up and sleeping. The puzzle is cat-themed and is going together nicely. Tarbaby isn't interested. He'd rather nap in the empty office chair.




Meanwhile, I've gathered more interesting grasses and enjoy noticing how different they are from place to place. The spiral Lady's Slipper seems to only grow in one yard on my walk, and I hope I don't steal so many that they disappear. 

I had a large dogwood tree blow down during Katrina in 2005. It left some roots at ground level, and lately I am seeing little rows of mushrooms growing from the dead root. Interesting!






1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

Oh my goodness - the "ghost quilting" piece is breathtaking! Oh and I am laughing so hard at Elizabeth in the small box - awesome :-)