Friday, May 8, 2020

May Happenings

Another week of stay at home. After the mouse in the house adventure, I'm glad there are no critter adventures to report. Having the candy jar jigsaw puzzle on the table was a nice diversion from thinking about the troubling COVID-19 news. Elizabeth took lots of naps in the box even though it was too small for her.






The puzzle is finished

In the studio I finished the second large thread-painted flower (12" x 12") and mounted it on gallery-wrapped canvas. Worked on a few little landscapes. 


On one of my walks in the neighborhood I found this interesting grass flower head growing in a twisting spiral motion. My friend Georgia Kay Carter identified it for me as Slender or Spring Ladies'-tresses (Spiranthes gracilis or S. vernalis). Sometimes we miss the beauty in the ordinary, but perhaps our current situation will cause us to pay more attention. I brought several grasses in to enjoy on the kitchen windowsill.



My cats and I enjoy the flowerbed with coleus, blue daze, firecracker, dill, rosemary and oregano. I'm still hoping to attract butterflies to lay eggs. Parsley is growing well for the caterpillars to eat.






1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

Hi Martha! What a puzzle! I am with Elizabeth - I would only be able to nap on that puzzle, I would be too intimidated by it to try and work on it! You are so good with puzzles.
Those thread art flowers are so amazing!
Looks like you are doing well in quarantine though I am sure you miss your wonderful church and other social activities.