Saturday, May 16, 2020

Dog Collar Adventures for a Cat Lady

Some days you just need to forget the seriousness of a pandemic. Puzzles are good for this. Also sewing something entirely different helps.
     My niece Mandy in Austin posted a picture on FB of her dog Mercy wearing a little blue ribbon. She seemed to love wearing this and would bring it to Mandy to put on her.
Mercy Merryweather (who lives in Austin TX)
   I had made a Texas A&M collar for my granddaughter Christy's Stella and thought I would make a ruffle collar for Mercy. Of course, Mandy cautioned me against any Aggie stuff (I knew that!).  I can't find a picture of Elizabeth modeling it, but here she is on her way to Texas after being adopted in Hattiesburg, MS.
Stella movng to Bryan,Texas from Hattiesburg
So I made Mercy a colorful stripe and checked collar. I enlisted Elizabeth and Tarbaby to model it before dropping it in the mail. I should have asked if I still had the correct address, since all our visits are on FB, but I did not.




    When I didn't hear from Mandy that Mercy's ruffle collar had arrived, I asked about it and learned that she had not lived at the address I used for ten years. (I don't go to Austin often and our contacts are mostly over the Internet!) My bad. . . so having plenty of stay-at-home time on my hands, I made a new collar for Mercy.
    I got Tarbaby to model it reluctantly, Rahrah to model it briefly before escaping from it and leaving it under the bed, and Elizabeth (my almost perfect cat) to sweetly wear it for pictures. Just in case the original collar comes back from the dead letter office, I used a different fabric for the new collar, and also made it with only one ruffle instead of the double. 


    I caught Rahrah on the hall bathroom countertop and managed to get the collar on her. She was in panic mode and quickly escaped, hiding under furniture until she could leave the collar under my bed.


   Here is Elizabeth on the back bathroom countertop. She says, "What collar? Oh, you want to take my picture? Okay, fine. Whatever."


   I hope Mercy gets it (sent to her correct address) and likes it.

1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

Those collars are amazing! Thanks for the smile during such serious times :-)