Sunday, August 1, 2021

Thread-Painting and Bread Making in August

After the excitement of the Pacesetter Gallery opening last week, I have been relaxing and having fun with some small thread-painted pictures. These are brightly printed heavy-weight fabrics (such as upholstery prints) that lend themselves well to the additional stitching. I use felt for the stabilizer or batting, then lay a colored mat over to see which portion of the fabric I want to frame. Enlarge to see the stitching.

5-1/2" x 7-1/2" in 9" x 12" mat


5-1/2" x 7-1/2" in 9" x 12" mat



4" x 6" in 5" x 7" mat
The  weather has been in the high 90s, and a surge in the delta variant of the virus makes staying inside seem quite sensible!
It was also a good opportunity to try more whole wheat bread making, this time with sunflower seeds and rolled oats and flax seed.




5 comments:

ginger said...

Hi Martha! It’s Ginger from your Sunday Winn Dixie trip:) I love your work, very impressive! I especially love your cat piece, did you finish it?

ginger said...

I love your work! I especially loved your cat art. Did you finish that piece?

Martha Ginn said...

Ginger, thanks for rescuing me at Winn-Dixie!
And thanks for reading my blog and leaving your favorable comments. The thread-painted flowers have kept me entertained and off the more difficult cat piece, but I will get back on it soon; thanks for the nudge. I'll write the next blog post about the grocery store fiasco and especially your kindness! Here's hoping there's a Good Samaritan around when you need one.

tierneycreates said...

Your bread looks delicious and I love the thread painting pieces!

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Tierney. The bread was easy and good. The t-p pieces are so much fun to do.