Saturday, August 7, 2021

More Thread-Painted Flowers

I just love adding stitches to these flowers. I think of drawing or painting while my sewing machine does the work. The shiny polyester or rayon thread serves as paint and the needle as the brush. Changing thread colors is the only interruption to the zen-like strokes. I showed this first one on my blog last week and it has garnered many, many likes and compliments. I think the simplicity of the large flower is especially appealing. It will be framed in black.

Everybody's favorite, 5" x 7"


Another pink/rose piece, 5" x 7"

Yellow Gerbera daisies, framed 8" x 10"


Orange Gerbera daisies, 5" x 7"
Then I began working on some blue flowers on a dark blue background. They are shown matted but not yet framed.
5" x 7" 

5" x 7" 



6 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

These are so striking! Beautiful stitching!

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Norma. I think of you every time I watch CBS Sunday Morning, wondering if I'm seeing your sun face designs!

tierneycreates said...

Wow they look fantastic!

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Tierney.

Marilyn said...

I especially liked the orange gerber with that sweet frame.

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Marilyn. Several people have commented on FB about that frame. It had been on my bathroom wall about 15 years; I threw away the picture that was in it to use it for these orange flowers. I wonder where I got it!