Wednesday, August 18, 2021

A Little Trip

After months of staying at home, I wondered if I was up to taking a driving trip on my own. Funny how isolation and lockdown can play havoc with one's confidence and ability to do things we used to take for granted. But after much deliberation I summoned enough courage and enjoyed a trip to a dear quilting friend's house for an overnight fabric/sewing/quilting visit. This is the view from her sewing room on Lake Caroline in Madison. 



I did a little more thread-painting. She worked on some of her beautiful corded bowls. Another friend came over to share some fabric she thought we would like; we talked over some project plans and browsed some quilting sites. 

Meanwhile, my daughter went to my house to feed the cats. Elizabeth was grateful for a lap to cuddle on. Tarbaby took advantage of my absence to sleep on the puzzle on the dining room table.



3 comments:

Jenny K. Lyon said...

Ahhh, what a lovely trip! Good for the soul.

Angie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Glad you got up the confidence to venture out. Stay safe

tierneycreates said...

Oh this is so wonderful! So glad you got to take that trip!