Monday, July 31, 2023

July Was a Summer Sizzler

July has been quite uneventful, as in a "no news is good news" sort of way. I water a few plants in the flowerbeds every day to keep them alive. My favorite is the basil, and it is so bushy that I cut it for a little vase on the window sill. 

Basil in vase

Basil, with dill on left, parsley on right
The mama ginger cat I trapped and had spayed and released back in my yard appears and disappears every few days along with only one little black kitten. She comes for food but won't get too close, and the kitten definitely won't. They listen for the garage door to open and the food bowl to be put down, eat and then go hide again. 

Time for breakfast

A sudden storm (wind with very little rain) brought down a big limb on the fence on the east side of the house. Here's a view of the limb caught on the wooden fence.  

Taken from back yard side of fence

Taken from front yard side of fence
Linda finished and hung my 12" square barn quilt signs on my mailbox. My driveway is not on the front of my house and it's a little confusing to give directions. But these beautiful signs should help. Thanks, Linda!
Ohio Star on one side

Dutchman's Puzzle on the other side
Maybe I'll make more art in August. Maybe.

No comments: