Thursday, August 17, 2023

Halfway through August

Weather and plants--After the hottest July in history, August is more of the same. I missed a couple of days watering my hostas. A large tree has dropped another limb, luckily not damaging the roof.

Hostas suffering from heat and lack of water

Another Broken limb
Cats--The little ginger mama cat is a permanent resident now, running to me when I open the garage door to feed her. Her last two kittens disappeared before I could trap them. She enjoys some petting and is quite talkative. 

I just call her Kitty
More kitty adventures when I discovered Rahrah had a UTI and bladder infection and needed surgery to remove jagged bladder stones which obviously had her in a lot of pain. She is a real challenge to medicate and usually requires help. After the surgery and a couple of days at the vet hospital, she is doing very well. 
Rahrah feeling bad

Julie comforting Rahrah

Feeling fine, being my helper
Elizabeth keeps watch over any possible back yard activity. But mostly sleeps. She waits for me under a chair in the evenings when she knows it's nearing bedtime. 

Waiting for bedtime
Sewing--Southern Fiber Artists are working on an 11-piece project to spell out MISSISSIPPI. Here is my P, highlighting our state's strong connection to music.

Charlotte Timmons, Michele Martin, Leanne Green, Julia Graber
Art--The 2023 SMAA show at the Lucile Parker Gallery at William Carey University opens next week, August 22. I entered a stitched Burlap Linen Flower.
Burlap Linen Flower, 18 x 21

The Invitation






 

No comments: