Thursday, July 20, 2023

Some July Art

Taking down the FestivalFibers exhibit seemed a good time to rotate some artwork on my walls. Silk with Stitches is in the LR where Elizabeth is usually hung. Twisted Tree II is a favorite along with the Stitched Lemons. I made a second Burlap Linen Flower but quilted in opposite places than the first one. 

Burlap Linen Flower I
Quilted in petals
Burlap Linen Flower II
Quilted in leaves and background

Silk with Stitches

Stitched Lemons


Staying inside during this punishing heat with near 100 degree temps allowed time to finish three Pine Belt Quilters community sewing projects. Two of these were pieced by others and I added the quilting and binding on all three. I see that Elizabeth made a few biscuits on the batting while it was out on the table. Then just for fun I made a few more pieces of postcard art.




I'm glad this batting was going to be cut away.







Even with the heat wave, my hosta, coleus, and basil plants are happy as long as I keep them watered. I should cook more dishes requiring basil.

Hosta blooming


Coleus, with vinca and begonia

Basil, with dill (lower L) and parsley (lower R)


No comments: