Wednesday, June 30, 2021

New Art and What's Growing

I have started on a new fabric collage of my three cats. Here is the photo inspiration of them on my headboard at the window. This picture was taken several years ago, when they didn't mind being close to each other. Rahrah looks like she is telling Tarbaby something and he is reacting. Elizabeth is being her sweet self, ignoring the conversation. Tarbaby's solid dark black fur will call for some innovative fabric choices. 

Tarbaby, Rahrah, Elizabeth
My rough pattern


Beginning with Rahrah

 I had a fun day making 4" x  6" little postcards today. They are always a good transition between larger projects.

4" x 6" 

There are interesting things growing in my yard, not only in the flowerbeds. After enjoying an ear of corn on the cob, I tossed the cob out onto the compost pile. A couple of days later I discovered this little new growth on it. I find it fascinating to think that each silk is connected to a kernel and if fertilized will cause that kernel to develop. Now it seems that each of these little kernels was trying to make a new plant. The wonders of nature!


Elizabeth relaxing knowing that visiting pup is gone

An invasive but lovely vine

Not so lovely if it takes over
Mushrooms


2 comments:

tierneycreates said...

That picture alone is fantastic - what an art quilt it will be! Look at Elizabeth just being cute in her image of relief with the dog gone, ha! She is so adorable! Looking forward to seeing how your three cats piece progresses :-)

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Tierney. I love the picture, too. So like these three personalities, so I hope I can depict them in fabric again. The other piece (The Window Watchers) featuring all three was them looking out the window with no faces showing.