Friday, June 4, 2021

June is Bustin' Out All Over

Borrowing this line from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Carousel, it is perfect for all that's happening. After being fully vaccinated for four months, we are seeing events opening up that have been sorely missed. We were treated to a concert of sacred music and hymn arrangements by Taylor Hightower (baritone) and Zhaolie Xie (pianist) this week. They lead us in worship every Sunday at UBC, but this hour-long concert was a special treat. 

Taylor Hightower and Zhaolei Xie
Xin Zhang turning pages
I am enjoying my flowerbed and watching the growth of hostas, hydrangeas, even tomatoes!, herbs, and begonias. 
Hostas


Parsley, hoping for caterpillars


Basil so tall it became a bouquet
It was time to change the art in the living room. Interleave Symphony has been hanging over the fireplace, but Elizabeth, My Almost Perfect Cat is back in her place of honor.
Elizabeth, My Almost Perfect Cat
34" x 25"

Interleave Symphony
34" x 31"
I enjoy sending cards of my artwork, so I had these four designs printed. The hydrangea is a photograph from my yard, while the others are fiber art pieces.
Note cards

One of my granddaughters and her family visited me this week. Kiesha Baker is a midwife and her husband Robert is a photographer in Dallas. We had a great time and I could brag on the sweet children. They were introducing their new baby girl, and I could see why the brothers adore her!
Their pug Olive came with them, which caused Tarbaby and Rahrah to retreat to the top of a closet. Elizabeth wasn't very happy to have an interloper in the house, but she handled it better than her buddies.






Brody making friends with Elizabeth

2 comments:

tierneycreates said...

Life is sounding good - what a summer you are having! I like Elizabeth the Perfect Cat (she does not want to be considered "Nearly" perfect, ha!) over the fireplace. I am sure you really enjoyed your visitors and I love hostas - they don't grow here like they did where I used to live. They are some of my favorite greenery.

Martha Ginn said...

Yes, Tierney, life is good. Living 500 miles from all of my great-grandchildren, I don't see them often. So getting to know these boys better was a real treat.