Monday, June 28, 2021

Linda's Retirement and a Puzzle

    What a busy week! The Readers Theatre Program on Tuesday was fun and well-received. Then on Thursday we celebrated daughter Linda's retirement from her 14-year job in tech services at USM's Cook Library. Her colleagues hosted a lovely party with a rotating slide show of her activities. It was an enjoyable time with many friends gathering. Here are a few of her University Baptist Church friends who were there at the same time. Others came later, along with Madison friends, Jackie and Wayne Watkins. 

Back row: Dick Conville, Denise and Woody Ratcliff, Lisa Jones, Gena and Russell Lott
Front row: Martha Ginn, Linda, Barbara Ann Ross, Bettye King, Mo Conville
    Son Mark and his wife Melody came from Dallas to be with us. Little white dog Willow also came with them. She is no trouble, but the cats don't believe us when we tell them this, so they avoided her. 

Mark (Willow) Melody



Willow 

Rahrah in the top of my closet

Elizabeth and Tarbaby (the lump under the quilt)
    Some friends and I had been working on a challenging puzzle for several days and it was still on the table. Melody added her skills and helped it along. The books were fun to do, though tricky, but the upper white background finally defeated us. 
Mistakes (see girl's face) above Bernadette

Corrected

Progress

Books all finished, only white left

Melody was persistent
But we finally gave up here

4 comments:

tierneycreates said...

Give up? But the puzzle was nearly done - ha! That looks very fun! Congrats to Linda on her retirement and the pup, cats and quilt look lovely!

Martha Ginn said...

I hated to give up but after trying all options over and over--oh well.

Unknown said...

How did you like the "gallery" at Linda's reception?
That was one of the last things they squeezed out of me before MY retirement.
(Got to put up a million images from the collections I oversaw.)
I hope Linda had a good time- It was just too soon for me to show my face up there!!! -Carla Carlson

Martha Ginn said...

Carla, I loved the photo display at Linda's retirement reception! And I'm so glad to know who prepared it. I will tell Linda, because she didn't know. Thanks for this fine piece of librarianship--an ordinary person isn't capable of projects like that. I wasn't aware you had retired also, and I hope it is as joyous as you were looking forward to!