Sunday, July 11, 2021

July Is a Busy Month

 Can 2021 be almost half over? The calendar says so. With more people vaccinated, we have been able to return to several activities. My quilt guild, Pine Belt Quilters, met in person in June after 14 months, and it was amazing to see how many people had finished quilts to show. 

I completed some more ghost quilting thread-painted pieces and should have photographed before getting them framed, so forgive the camera flash and reflections. I had to take at an angle to get any image to show.



There has been some progress on the three cats; working title is The Conversation. We'll see if that sticks. Elizabeth kept a close eye on how it was coming along, often making me have to leave the room so she would go somewhere else, too.



Here is a recent puzzle I worked in between puzzle visits with friends. This one was only 500 pieces, and the pieces were large and unusually shaped, making it look like a quick and easy one. But these two features (size and odd shapes) played havoc with my brain, making me think I had an error and needed to backtrack and correct before I could go forward. I thought this each time I added a piece, right down to the last six pieces. 



The tomatoes are still producing, sometimes making such an attractive picture I almost hate to pick the red ones.



2 comments:

tierneycreates said...

Elizabeth overseeing your art quilt creation is too cute! Those ghost thread pieces are amazing!

Unknown said...

So much talent, Mrs. Ginn. Your work is amazing.