Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Southern Fiber Artist Exchange

 I enjoy creating 8" x 10" art quilts to exchange with other members of my fiber art group. We make one little quilt a month for someone and we receive one from another member. This is the second round in this exchange.

Jackie Watkins knows my fondness for cats and she made this one for me. She called it "What's One More?" and I named it Gray Girl because it seemed a good companion to Rahrah.

I made this piece for Charlotte Timmons, using some leaves I gathered from my yard. Here is a description of the technique I used.
I gathered leaves, attached them to the silk boucle fabric with Golden gel medium (front and back of leaves). When dry, I layered canvas for backing and ecru tulle over the entire piece and added free-motion quilting stitches to the leaves in matching thread colors. The background was FM-quilted with ecru colored silk thread. The edge is finished with a facing.
I look forward to making and receiving more little treasures!


4 comments:

tierneycreates said...

Wow that is amazing what you did with the leaves! That is an awesome cat piece Jackie made for you!

Anonymous said...

Love the reminders of fall. Always wanted to go northward to see the foliage. Love cat picture too.

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks Tierney. And Anonymous. I think Marilyn’s comments come thru as Anonymous??? Please sign and give me a clue so I don’t reject it.

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks Tierney. And Anonymous. I think Marilyn’s comments come thru as Anonymous??? Please sign and give me a clue so I don’t reject it.