Sunday, April 30, 2023

April Ends With Blessings

The arrival of the Quiltfolk #26 Mississippi and the announcing of my quilt Prelude as the art for FestivalSouth 2023 has been exciting. Mike Lopinto, artistic director, makes me sound better than I am, but the kind words are music to my ears. Pun intended. The Hattiesburg Concert Association does an incredible job of planning this annual celebration, making June my favorite month of the year. 

The posters and program brochures carry images of the quilt, and the quilt will be auctioned online through the end of the festival on June 24.

Poster

Front cover of program brochure

Inside program brochure
Getting to hear my dear friends in their senior recitals was a special privilege, and I wish much success for them. My church also hosted the string honors competition--always a treat. 
Ameni Zouehid

Franco Galetto and collaborative pianist Alison Post
After all the attention and excitement, it seemed a good idea to do some very ordinary activities, so I got busy making a simple quilt for our guild's community projects. Then there was some walking about the yard to enjoy a few growing things, and a trip with OLLI friends to New Orleans for the VanGogh Immersive Exhibit.
Elizabeth supervising

Rahrah giving approval

Two blooms on my amaryllis this year

Hostas coming up

At the VanGogh Immersive Experience

At the VanGogh Immersive Experience





No comments: