Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Trip to Texas for Mother's Day

I enjoyed a trip to Texas to visit my son and his wife and five granddaughters and their families--all on one plane ticket. They live close enough that we could visit several homes, schools, events, and a large Mother's Day get-together. I got to read The Quiltmaker's Gift to Kelsey's third-grade class, visit Kiesha and Robert's homestead to see chickens, goats, and gardens, spend Mother's Day with the everyone at Kaley and Dustin's home, where there was room for all the age groups from two years to great-grandparents. Brody starred in his school's play High School Musical, and Knox showed me how to catch roly-polies. Brittney did three haircuts on her visit, and Christy was busy with her foster kittens.  Mark and Melody and two of the others were growing very impressive gardens and raising chickens. 















Back at home Linda surprised me with a chicken of my own--this beautiful metal rooster to live on my front porch.




 



No comments: