Monday, October 18, 2021

A Week at Arrowmont

 I just returned from a week at the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains for a free-motion quilting class at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg, TN. Paula Kovarik is an inspiring individual and teacher, and my fellow students were amazingly talented also. This area is a huge tourist destination, but we didn't hike or shop, preferring to spend our time inside stitching. My lodging was up a steep hill, an easy walk down before breakfast, but quite challenging walking up at the end of the day. My walk down the hill was interrupted by stopping to photograph leaves on the path. The food was creative and delicious. I came home eager to get to my sewing machine.

Road from Bill May Hall toward dining and classes

Mural depicting classes 

Large sycamore leaves

Large sycamore leaf

Dining Hall and fall display



My section of the design wall 


No comments: