Monday, September 27, 2021

Cool September Mornings

Ahhh. . . how pleasant to wake up to some 60-degree temperatures in late September!  And I got my Pfizer booster vaccine today. Another milestone.

I've been busy preparing my part on the program at the Fall Gathering of Mississippi Quilt Association this weekend--our first in-person since February 2020. I'll be talking about my stitched pictures and ghost-quilted flower pictures. I picked up these stitched abstract pieces from the framer today.

There isn't much blooming now after our hot summer, but I was fascinated by the huge mushrooms in my neighbor's yard. They look so delicious but of course I wouldn't dare try them. They are about 6" across.





Seed pod on Magnolia tree
Our Readers Theatre group presented a program for PrimeTime at University Baptist Church, and Linda read the role of a sassy teen-aged daughter in one of the skits.

Linda Ginn in Readers Theatre
The SMAA exhibit at the Lucile Parker Gallery is over but I am still amazed remembering the wildly colorful work of Hector Boldo. Here is my favorite of his work in the show.  


Offrenda (Offering) by Hector Boldo
Hector painted one of the utility boxes that we are enjoying around Hattiesburg. You can see his art on the corner of Hardy and S. 34th Avenue by Toefer's. Thanks to the artists who spread joy through these paintings around our city. 

1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

That is a crazy looking mushroom. Love the wig you wore and great art!