Sunday, July 18, 2021

Pacesetter Gallery Opening

 It will be exciting to see some of my fiber art in the new Pacesetter Gallery opening in Flowood, MS. The ribbon cutting (10 a.m.) and Opening Reception (5:00 p.m.) will be on Thursday, July 22, 2021, with Official Grand Opening on Saturday night. I can't wait for Saturday and will attend the 5:00 p.m. Thursday event with friends Mo and Dick Conville and Patricia Vanuci. It was an honor for Keri Davis to ask me to be one of her exhibitors in this beautiful new gallery.

I have enjoyed working on small thread-painted pieces lately when the frustrations of an "offline" printer have made concentration on larger works like the three cat fabric collage difficult. These colorful pieces can bring a sense of accomplishment when computer technology gremlins try to invade the peace.
The sight of two fat yellow and black caterpillars devouring my parsley was a happy sight this week. I had seen a black swallowtail butterfly flitting around the flowerbed a week earlier and was hoping she had laid eggs that would result in these caterpillars. I grow parsley specifically for this purpose. Sadly, I cannot find them now have to hope they have made chrysalises. Two years ago I brought several caterpillars in and watched new butterflies emerge. I'll keep watching for more.

 

1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

I like catapillars that become butterflies but not moths. Congratulations on the gallery opening getting close!