Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Year End

It's hard to realize another year--another decade--has gone by, and we are ready to see 2020. I remember when approaching the year 2000 seemed so important. Year ends make us think about listing accomplishments or goals or failures. My biggest accomplishment was reaching my 84th birthday the day after Christmas!
I have made several art quilts, participated in art shows and special exhibits (The Fabric of Mississippi Living at William Carey University), worked jigsaw puzzles, raised a few herbs and flowers, attended exercise classes, savored music both by listening and participating, and generally enjoyed my blessed life. I scrolled back over my blog posts and chuckled remembering many good times.


My three cats have kept me company and made me feel loved. I got to see a black swallowtail butterfly hatch. I even enjoyed rescuing a baby squirrel and a little abandoned puppy. Central  Mississippi Wildlife Rehabilitation took the squirrel to care for, and Southern Pines Animal Shelter is taking care of the puppy.



I have tried to generously contribute to causes that are important to me. It is vitally important that we care for our planet and each other.

If I had to summarize 2019, I would have to just say that I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I'm not sure what I expected this age to be like, but I feel certain it is better than my anticipation of it. I hope to continue making art. I hope to continue singing with The Meistersingers, to sing and worship with my University Baptist Church choir, to hear and enjoy music by USM orchestra friends. There are friends to be with, cats to snuggle, plants to tend, books to read, trips to take, more blue and purple streaks for Eric to put in my hair. I like the sound of 2020!

1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That was a lovely recap of your year and I love Elizabeth in the box!