Saturday, February 8, 2020

January & February 2020

What happened to January and February? One time killer was moving from an Android to an Apple phone and watch; answering a phone call on my arm makes me feel like Dick Tracy! You have to be pretty old to remember him.
I can post more once I learn how to move all my pictures from phone to desktop.

I fell in love with this little abandoned puppy I picked up Christmas Eve and kept until Southern Pines Animal Shelter opened two days later. He was malnourished but sweet and loving--tempting me to keep him. But common sense and disapproval from my three cats won out. He received much needed medical care and was adopted in January.
My three are quite happy and would not share their home with an interloper. Here Tarbaby has claimed my pillow, Elizabeth sunning in the window on a mild winter day, with Rahrah wanting to join her.
I have worked on several quilting projects, but the activity bringing the most joy has been sorting, organizing, and repurposing some of my fabric supplies. Some heavy-weight fabrics went toward making walker totes. Several boxes of oddities like polyester, silks, wovens, and others went to the USM theatre department for student use in their interior design and costume projects.

I even discovered some early unfinished projects that will go to Pine Belt Quilters grab bag at our October 2-3, 2020 show.


Sorting and organizing fabrics always leads to making a few postcards. Elizabeth makes it hard to work sometimes.


1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

What a sweet puppy but I can understand why the kitties would not want to share you with a pup! I like the Amish quilt top you were donating. It is good to clean things out every so often. Enjoyed this post and of course loved Elizabeth getting in the way of you finishing a project :-)