Reading over my blog post from July three years ago, it seems I could just copy. It has been very hot and dry, I tried to keep a few plants alive by watering, and I did very little sewing. I enjoyed making an art quilt depicting this precious little boy Andy.
My niece Marilyn sent a photo of her daughter Rita holding the quilt I had sent to her as a baby about 30 years ago. Rita now has a baby girl who can continue to enjoy the quilt.
Hector Boldo brought the picture he painted from our collaboration. He had shown it at the Creator's Plaza earlier, and I am happy to have his art in my home.
There's never a good time to be without air conditioning, and my system went out and had to be replaced in July. Oak Grove Heating and Air Conditioning did the work, even installing a window unit in my bedroom during the week it was out. A friend had a portable room unit and put that into my sewing room, so I was able to stay at home. I don't think the cats care what the temperature is.
I have fallen in love with iced coffee and have found two options available in the refrigerators at Corner Market. The International Delight has a definite chocolate/mocha flavor, and the N.O. Brew is stronger and is to be mixed with milk or water.My outdoor cat, Lacey, has a nightly visitor who cleans up any food she has not eaten. He seems a little afraid of her and retreats to the window sill.
My gardening has been limited to scattering zinnia seeds and planting one pot of okra plants (in the ground, separated into four plants). I was delighted to find some tiny okra pods at the top of one of the foot-high plants, making me believe they will survive if I keep them watered.











No comments:
Post a Comment