Monday, November 7, 2022

The Color of Fall

I love pumpkins--real or created or artificial. Good friend Sherry Laughlin showed a group of us how to make a fall decoration with a Cinderella-type (uncut) pumpkin by adding moss and succulent plants in the center around the stem. These stay beautiful for five or six weeks with water misting every few days. 





I love this satin brocade pumpkin made by Susan Carlson's mother

The persimmon tree in my yard continues to have green and orange leaves. The black gum tree (perhaps my favorite) in my front yard is beautiful with dark and bright red leaves.  Then there are bright green and yellows to enjoy, too. Crepe myrtle are orange. And falling pine straw makes an orange carpet.
Japanese persimmon



Black gum

Black gum

Black gum

Black gum

Black gum

Japanese persimmon

Crepe myrtle

Pine needle carpet





No comments: