Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Mid-August

I took down the Southern Fiber Artists Intense Color Exhibit last week after a month-long stay in the Downey Gallery at University Baptist Church. The exhibit was well received, and we were proud to get to display these 35 quilts. Here is one last glimpse. Now the room looks so empty!



Meanwhile, back in my sewing room, I can't keep from using the ironing board for a table, making actual pressing impossible because of the clutter on the board. So I bought a 4 ft shelf and got a friend to install it. Why didn't I think of this before??!!  A clip-on lamp helps with lighting. It also shows how badly I need to replace the cover.
Before

After
I finished another art quilt with a caladium leaf. This one is framed under glass and will be entered into the SMAA juried show at the Lucile Parker Gallery at William Carey University next week.
Caladium (before framing)



No comments: