Friday, November 9, 2018

After Arrowmont, USM Symphony

Coming home from Arrowmont brought a little unexpected excitement when someone picked up my red bag (containing Elizabeth My Almost Perfect Cat quilt!) instead of his red bag at the Jackson airport. It took several hours to locate the person, and I had to drive on home to Hattiesburg without my quilt and all my class exercises and the week's worth of clothes. Everything was delivered safely to me the next afternoon.
Working on some of Paula Kovarik's stitching exercises has been fun, even with my trusty Pfaff giving me technical problems. After a week of stitching black thread on white and white thread on black, I thought I would try a stripe background.



These range from 6" x 7" to 12" x 9"

Of course, Elizabeth wanted to help
My talented friends in the University of Southern Mississippi's symphony orchestra amaze me with their performances. Last night's program was entitled Viva Mexico and featured works with a decidedly Latin beat. 
Alejandro Junco Romero and Marlene Gentile


A week earlier for Halloween they dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf! They are such a pleasure to have come to our University Baptist Church suppers for our home-cooked meals.


No comments: