Friday, July 1, 2022

June Events

I enjoy June in Hattiesburg for many reasons, and probably the main one is because of Festival South. These music events are of a quality that most folks would have to travel to the Big Apple to hear. So I'm already looking forward to Festival South 2023.

My Southern Fiber Artists group hung our Intense Color Exhibit at the Phyllis Downey Gallery at University Baptist Church for the month of July. Eleven of us selected color cards from Joen Wolfrom's 3-in-1 Color Tool and created quilts using the limited color palette found on each of the 24 cards. I had participated in a similar call for entry in the Northern California/Nevada SAQA region and enjoyed the challenge of working in a monochromatic fashion so much that I invited my Southern Fiber Artists to create pieces in the hope that we could mount an exhibit at some future date. These 35 pieces really wrap the room in color--intense color!

Color Tool

Invitation
My hydrangeas rewarded me with a beautiful show of blue this spring/summer. They are struggling in the high 90-degree heat, but afternoon watering revives the floppy stems. 
From underneath




From underneath



No comments: