Friday, September 4, 2020

It's September, and I Have Turtle Visitors

It was exciting to open my local Pine Belt News yesterday afternoon and see this article by Jamie Massengale. This virtual quilt show can be seen online September 10-12 at http://www.quiltshow.com

Article in The Pine Belt News
Quilt Show Catalog

I love finding turtles in my yard. Yesterday this fellow was in my garage. Elizabeth had been in this same place most of the afternoon and perhaps the turtle had been the attraction. He was not there the next time I looked. Then as I walked up my long driveway to put a letter in the mailbox I saw a slightly smaller turtle in an area where I had been putting kitchen scraps for compost. In the couple of minutes it took to come back down the driveway, he was gone. I'd love to have seen this quick get-away. Linda helped me identify them as a Mississippi Mud Turtle and Eastern Box Turtle. I hope they stay close by.

Mississippi Mud Turtle

Eastern Box Turtle

Reporting on my zinnias--they are still growing taller but have no blooms. They are hip high.  The coleus is thriving, and one of the peppers is turning red. 





1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

Oh my goodness - how cool on the turtles! Congratulations on have the nearly perfect cat featured in the paper! :-)