Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Sunbonnet Sue and Kitchen Remodeling

I finished repairing the Sunbonnet Sue quilt. She looked better than thought she could. All the little dresses were made of feedsacks and were quite strong; the muslin background was in good shape, leaving just the borders and backing fabrics showing the most wear. Luckily, the quilting was evenly distributed so there was no wadding up of the cotton batting. There is something so satisfying about giving new life to some unknown quilter's work. Will someone doing the same to my work one day?

Several weeks ago I decided to upgrade my kitchen. Well, actually I mentioned to my son Mark that the sink faucet leaked and wondered if it needed a new gasket. He suggested the upgrade and helped me pick the materials.


We ordered quartz countertops (color called Buttermilk) and he dismantled the taller dividing section. Instead of this taller shelf, this countertop will be an additional 12" wider. While waiting for the materials, I moved everything out from under my kitchen cabinets to get ready for new countertops. The guys installed the countertop and sink today; plumber and and tile guy will hook up faucet and backsplash subway tiles tomorrow.


Installing sink


Temporary brace while waiting for wood turner to prepare a post
 for support of upper cabinets

I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished.

1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

I bet your home is so wonderful! Enjoyed a peek into your kitchen :-)