Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Early March Quilting

     Here's a little catch-up on quilting in the first few days of March. Linda and I made two baby quilts for gifts. She did the piecing and I quilted and bound them. I quilted a large puzzle meander on one of them and loopy e's and ell's on the other. The fabrics are the same on both but pattern a little different. My favorite binding is a serpentine stitch from the front, which also shows on the back. There was plenty of kitty help on these.

    I call these little pieces Color Blocks; the quilting is done with feed dogs engaged (rather than free-motion quilting). Elizabeth watched closely until it became boring.



Tarbaby trusts me not to cut his feet as he walks on my cutting table.

This large printed flower has free-motion quilting added to enhance the colors.

A group of us are working on new cut-away felt banners for our church (University Baptist Church, Hattiesburg). These Tree of Life design banners will be hung on either side of the baptistry during Ordinary Time. They are approximately 44" x 98". The designs are by Fashions by Sarah.



1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

I did not realize I missed this post. I see Elizabeth once again is hard at work! I bet she is exhausted from all the sewing support she has to provider - give her an extra treat please :-)