Saturday, October 12, 2019

Puzzle is Finished; Christy Adopts a Puppy

My granddaughter Christy Ginn came to visit and in the first 15 minutes she sat down and finished the puzzle. She has a double major in wildlife/fisheries and entomology from Texas A&M and has loved wild things all her life. While here she continued her search for just the right dog and adopted Stella from Southern Pines Animal Shelter. Stella will go back to Texas with Christy, much to the delight of my three cats. It was neat having my own personal techie who could answer all my questions about my TV and my computer.
Stella and Christy sharing a nap

Christy had no trouble finishing the puzzle after I had given up

Here is the finished product
Christy made friends with Tarbaby and insisted that he accept a little loving.
"Help!  Somebody come and rescue me!"

He wasn't very happy, but Christy can charm anyone
My quilt guild invited Katie Pasquini Masopust to present a lecture and stay to teach a two-day class on Artful Log Cabins. She shows how to use log cabin blocks in a creative way using an inspiration photo for color placement. I call Katie a "rock star quilter" and enjoyed renewing my friendship with her after taking a class with her in the early 1990s in Houston. (Pictures of my quilt coming later.)
An example of Katie's work
by Katie

I took her to see The Fabric of Mississippi Living exhibit at William Carey University
I am so proud of my daughter, Linda. She quilted this top she had made several months ago. It will be hung in her home or office.
Linda Ginn and her quilt

The back

Linda and Christy

1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

Lots of sweetness in this post! Love the photo of your granddaughter sleeping with her pup! Congrats to your daughter on finishing her quilt! And of course - wow on you getting to take that two day class (envious!) :-)