Sunday, August 5, 2018

August--Finished MOP, Silent Auction Pieces

I finished hand-stitching the black binding around the edges of the MOP and only need to quilt a bit in the centers of the blocks, add a sleeve and a label and it will be totally done. The piecing of the arcs was the most fun because of getting to make all the fabric choices.
(Enlarge any picture for a better view.)

I have finished a piece I am donating to the Silent Auction at our upcoming quilt show. It is free-motion quilting on a piece of hand-dyed fabric.

Daughter Linda is submitting a batik table runner (18" x 54") which can be used with the squares showing or the green batik back; prairie points show either way.

I'm very excited about the barn quilt sign she is making to replace the smaller faded one on my shop building. She will repaint the smaller one and get it moved to above the garage door.
This new one is 3' x 3', an adaptation of Judy Martin's Star of the Orient block.




No comments: