Saturday, July 21, 2018

Mid-July Heat and Veggies

This has been a record-breaking hot week, and I can't believe I used to think it was fun to play tennis in the summer!
I've made a little progress on the binding of the MOP quilt, but with TWO cats vying for my undivided attention, some work sessions have had to be postponed.
Elizabeth and Tarbaby fighting for space on the quilt and my lap
I should take advantage of Tarbaby's nap to work on the binding.

The heat and lots of rain have made my trips to the Farmer's Market a joy. My favorite finds are tiny yellow squash and long purple eggplant--items that can't be found at the grocery store. Of course, there have been delicious home-grown tomatoes, too, which I just eat fresh. I am freezing squash, okra, and eggplant to enjoy later.
Purple eggplant, okra, yellow squash, figs, and peaches 
I have bought peaches for two weeks but learned today that someone came and picked this farmer's peach crop bare last night, so this treat has ended. What a shame that some thief would do this!

With my guild's quilt show coming up October 5-6, I have been taking care of some quilt show duties like ordering posters. The photos were taken at a local favorite restaurant, Patio 44. We asked a friendly waiter to help us drape the large quilt over a railing so we could get a picture with the white hydrangeas in the foreground. The quilt is 108" x 108" and quite heavy.
 I love this "behind the scenes" shot!
Dianne McLendon and Patio 44 waiter

No comments: