Sunday, April 29, 2018

More White Linen Nights

What a fun and exciting night! There were about 20 lab coats presented, and USM theatre and merchandising students modeled them. Here are some pictures from the event. Tom Phillips modeled my lab coat honoring the Southern Pines Animal Shelter staff. The fuzzy kitten head was the perfect addition to the costume!
Me with Tom Phillips/Kitten

Dr Alicia Fortenberry (veterinarian), me, Tom Phillips/Kitten,
Ginny Sims (Southern Pines director),
Ramanda Taylor, (kennel supervisor)

The runway (Click to enlarge)

The runway (Click to enlarge)
Tom Phillips in Southern Pines lab coat
Kim Whitt with her creation honoring Dr Jeff Johnson

Theatre student modeling Abigail Lenz Allen's coat honoring Dr Barbara Barnard

Betty Reid with student modeling her coat honoring dentist Dr Chuck Harrell, who loves to scuba dive

Back of Betty Reid's coat


5 comments:

tierneycreates said...

Amazingly cool! I remember wearing a lab coat in my early days of clinical nursing (no lab coats for me as a health care project manager, ha!) What creative recycling/art for a great cause!

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep a
reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.

I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you
presented it. Too cool!

quiltedfabricart said...

What a great idea and it looks like a lot of fun!

Norma Schlager said...

Looks like a fun night and you coat was a real stand-out. Kudos!

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks to all who checked this out. It was truly a fun and rewarding event. The USM theatre and merchandising students who created coats and/or modeled them had a great time and got into the spirit of the fashion runway. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the variety of creations. Our Arts Council keeps kids art programs going all year, and it is satisfying to think I am having a part of this.