Friday, June 12, 2015

Kittens Up for Adoption


These last 10 weeks have been joy-filled and entertaining. As the foster kittens grew and I enjoyed them and laughed at them and fed them, my friends constantly asked, "How can you give them up?" They remarked, "I'll bet you keep them." Well, my three grown cats (who were fosters a year and a half ago) have felt very invaded and frustrated, actually downright frightened of these little fur balls, so it wouldn't seem fair to them.

When the kittens reached 2-1/2 lbs. I took them for their neuter surgery, and then Southern Pines Animal Shelter microchipped them and delivered them to PetSmart yesterday for adoption.
George Clooney, Josh Groban, Christopher

Christopher

George Clooney

Josh Groban
Trying to share a chair with Tarbaby
They will make wonderful pets. I will miss them.

8 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

Not too many things cuter than a kitten and these are adorable. I'm sure you will miss them, even though they were a nuisance at times.

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute! You will miss them.

Bev said...

cute kittens! and I do love the names

Maggi said...

I can't see them being on the adoption list for long. They are just so beautiful. Bet your cats are glad of the peace and quiet

Laura McGrath said...

I had four foster babies, two were adopted last week, only two left. It's a lot quieter now!

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Norma, Bev, Maggi, and Laura (and Anonymous). I went to PetSmart (where they are housed for adoption) this afternoon and found one had been adopted. The other two purred happily when I held them, and I told myself they remembered me. The staff guy said he takes them out to love on several times a day, so this made me know they are in good hands. These were the only two kittens available, and I'm hoping they can stay together. No matter--they will bring joy. Yes, my three are happy to have my full attention now, not remembering that they used to be this size climbing up my back and demanding food several times a day!

LA Paylor said...

oh my gosh they are so sweet. They will be loved, and had a good start. Your grown cats will be relieved to have all your attention again, but I'll miss seeing them and hearing about their antics. Keep the antics going with your yearlings, okay?? Bye Josh Groban.... Cole says you rocked! LeeAnna

Funky Diva said...

OMG Martha, those little cuties are priceless and will be loved by an adopted family. Young cats or dogs are very energetic. Fun but a lot of work too. Great job Mom.