Monday, January 23, 2012

Progress Report #2

How to get started: pull out already cut strips left from other projects that will coordinate with the brown and pink. Choose some other strips just because I like them. Sew together to create strip-sets. Pin to design wall and take a look. Think and ask questions.

1. What do I like about them? Thin (about 1") strips going horizontally. Slashes of red or wine or purple going vertically through these strip sets, preferably at an angle. Maintain some control of colors--not total random/chaos!

 2. What do I NOT like about them? Wide strips. Challenge fabric in too large pieces. In fact, I plan to limit it to going vertically to help give some structure or continuity. I even found some kaleidoscope blocks in a box; hmmmm. I wonder about overlaying some of these half-circles. More later.

2 comments:

Karen S Musgrave said...

I think you have a very interesting beginning. Can't wait to see how this progresses. Hugs, Karen

Marti said...

Great beginning!