Saturday, February 14, 2009

Artist Talk at Solo Exhibit


About 50 people attended the Artist Talk on February 3 at the Lucile Parker Gallery to hear about my path from traditional quilter to contemporary fiber artist. Of course, the question was asked, "How long does it take?" I had to admit that I rarely work on one piece at a time from inception to completion, so my answer would have to be a wild guess. When the joy is in the creating, the length of time required seems insignificant.
The exhibit came down February 11 and I will eagerly anticipate my next opportunity to show a body of my work. I have been invited to display in the gallery space at the Mississippi Arts Commission in Jackson from April 6-June 25.

2 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

WOw, your fiber art is wonderful.I loved the storage for the thread too. Lovely work truly.

Anonymous said...

Solo exhibition it rocks in that all arts were wonderful!!!
Commission display it's having fantastic features!!!
___________________
Britney
Apply now Nation wide cash