The Window Watchers is nearly finished, but it has been shoved out of the way in my enthusiasm for creating two more fabric collages, using Susan Carlson's Carpe Carpem fish pattern.
Click on any picture to enlarge.
When I gathered the possible fabric choices, it was obvious that I needed to make two fish. Here was my starting dilemma:
Beginning the yellow fish. (Ignore the polka dots; my white base fabric was thinner than I wanted, so I backed it with a scrap mint green/brown dot fabric for stability.)
|Completed yellow fish, ready to glue and add background|
Completed yellow fish, ready to glue and add background
Next I began the green fish. Here is his progress. Some of the yellow fabrics were needed for the end of the ruffled tail.
|Completed green fish--ready for gluing and background|
Daughter Linda has thrilled me with her falling in love with quilting--not just the idea and admiration, but the actual sewing and quilting. She has completed far more than I did when I started, even donating two quilts to our guild, Pine Belt Quilters. We have enjoyed discussing and sharing our projects. Here are two of her completed quilts. And she just started watching videos and buying fabric in January.
|Started in Barbara Cline class at 2017 MQA Educational Seminar|
|Started in an online challenge|
Linking to Off the Wall Friday