Thursday, April 11, 2013

A little traditional sewing

 Pine Belt Quilters makes children's quilts all year long. We also make isolette covers for the NICU at Forrest General Hospital. The bright flannel prints are cheerful for the families and nursing staff. The underside is light gray, which allows the nurses to see the baby's true skin color.  We also make walker totes (which can be used as catheter bag covers). After being so involved with my art quilts, it was time to do some traditional sewing, and these projects fit the bill.  Placemats can be repurposed to make these totes, or almost any leftover fabric can be used.


Walker totes
I had some wild fat quarter packets that are perfect for a bright and happy child's quilt. I think I will add strips of black/white prints for sashing. Easy cutting into 4" strips and fast sewing. I wonder if a baby can sleep under all these bugs and other critters!


1 comment:

norma said...

I love the chid's quilt with all those happy prints. Some child will be thrilled with it.