Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Countdown to Quilt Show

Show poster
It's officially fall but without any crisp weather yet. My guild's (Pine Belt Quilters) 17th show checks in the quilts in less than a week, has them judged, hangs and displays all in Lake Terrace Convention Center for an October 5 opening. We will have 292 quilts in the judged show and 54 art quilts in the Southern Fiber Artists special exhibit.
My quilts are finished with sleeves and labels. The spreadsheets, ID tags, name badges, quilt receipts, judging sheets are all prepared. The lectures are planned by our talented PBQ members. I have turned in my Silent Auction piece--a hand-dyed and quilted piece.   (Click on any photo to enlarge.)
Silent Auction piece, 18" x 24"
There have been several afternoons to rest my feet and get ready for the busy week. Tarbaby was  happy to join me, once in a while sharing the lap with Elizabeth. It's like a sauna under there. They would not let Rahrah join them.





No comments: