Friday, April 3, 2015

Displays

I always enjoy showing my fiber art. The person who arranges the display window in the hallway of my church asked to use some of my work, so we put put seven pieces there for December through March. (It is hard to get a good picture with the lights and glass.) Click any picture to enlarge.

We changed the display for April to feature an Amaryllis quilt with a children's book about the resurrection.

Last November I participated in helping a student create a quilt square for the Stone County Community Quilt Project (see details here). J. Marcus Weekley assembled the squares into a quilt, and the quilt was displayed in the Stone County Art Center along with several other pieces of fiber art. My Cabin in the Woods (a collaboration with Mary Nell Magee) is on the right of the Stone County Quilt below.

The three pieces on the far left are mine, as well as the two on the far right.

No comments: