I started near the middle on one of the longest rows and sewed to the bottom right edge, then turned the piece upside down to add strips toward the top left edge. Next I heated my tiny Clover iron and fused the precut sunflower to the corner and added several shades of yellow and green stitches to enhance the large flower. I also added a rust-colored butterfly and stitched it. (Looking at the picture makes me realize I must wash those Machingers!)
I taped the piece to the mat and called it finished. Since there were a few minutes left before the bell for the 15-minute "framing" period, I decided to try fusing some of the green leaves onto the mat. The Steam-a-Seam had a good sticky back and I could position the leaves, then apply the iron. I love extending the picture off into the border, so this helped carry out this idea.