Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

My maternal grandmother's wooden biscuit bowl holds squash and pumpkins
    Thanksgiving was always my dad's favorite holiday because he said he had so much for which to be thankful. For many years our family marked the day at my brother's home in Austin, Texas. Some years we would drive through East Texas to pick up my parents on our way from Mississippi to Austin. The family is smaller now and these gatherings are a distant but wonderful memory.
    In addition to the obvious blessings of family and friends and faith, as an art quilter I have to recognize what a wonderful time we live in with today's fabrics, thread, tools, machines, books, the Internet and contact with like-minded individuals who share so freely with each other. 

No comments: