|Rise and Shine, Inner City, 75" x 95"|
My quilt is in China! It is an honor to have my quilt "Rise and Shine, Inner City" selected as a part of The Sum of Many Parts: 25 Quiltmakers in 21st-Century America, a program conceived and sponsored by the United States Embassy-Beijing. The exhibition and its tour throughout the People’s Republic of China has been jointly developed and managed by ArtsMidwest and South Arts, with additional assistance from the Great Lakes Quilting Center at Michigan State University.
The exhibition will tour to five venues throughout China, beginning September 7, 2012:
- Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume at Donghua University in Shanghai
- Yunnan Nationalities Museum in Kunming, Yunnan Province
- Guangxi Museum of Nationalities in Nanning, Guangxi Province
- Venue TBD in Changsha, Hunan Province
- Dalian Modern Museum in Dalian, Liaoning Province
Links have been set up with more information and pictures of all the quilts:
Partial funding provided by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Additional support from Alabama State Council on the Arts, Illinois Arts Council, Illinois Office of Trade and Investment, Iowa Arts Council, Kentucky Arts Council, Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, Mississippi Arts Commission, North Dakota Council on the Arts, Ohio Arts Council, and South Dakota Arts Council.