Thursday, June 28, 2012

Amaryllis

My apple blossom amaryllis puts on a show every spring, with two to four blooms. The first year it actually had six blossoms fighting for space. I imagine if I would feed it more often it might be happier. I enjoyed creating an art quilt from some of my photos this year.
Here is an inspiration photo:
Here is the overall quilt (about 25" x 27"). The background is made up of five strips of beige/cream fabrics, and the quilting in the background was done with a double needle.



5 comments:

Linda Ginn said...

It's even more impressive up close and personal. I'm so lucky I get to see your work in person!

Holly Knott said...

Beautiful!! Both the photo and quilt, Martha!

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks daughter Linda and photographer/quilter/webmaster Holly. This was challenging and fun to make! I have plans for a big salmon-cream-yellowish iris from another picture I took in my flowerbed.

Jeanne Marklin said...

Martha, this is a lovely quilt. I love amaryllis too!

Anne Esteve said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love the colors !!! Great job - as always.