Friday, January 16, 2009

Successful Show Opening




A cold and windy night did not keep a large crowd from attending the Opening Reception. There were 39 pieces in all--two full-size quilts from my hand-quilting days displayed along with quilts for the walls down to 5x7 framed pieces. My quilting friends and my art association friends had to come, but even my tennis friends came! What a rewarding and humbling experience for me to be able to share my passion with friends, university faculty, staff, and students, and art lovers from the community. Many people were surprised to see the variety of techniques and materials displayed, when their expectation was to see handwork like they remember their grandmother making.
Chatham Meade, curator and director of the Lucile Parker Gallery, is pictured with the Kitchen Garden series--thread-painted vegetables and a large appliqued pumpkin.



No comments: