Tuesday, September 20, 2022

AQS Show in Des Moines

Linda and I had a great time on our quick trip to the AQS quilt show in Des Moines last week. This was her first entry and attendance at a national show and was so easy to navigate with smaller crowds (than Houston or Paducah). We spent two nights and had delightful weather, smooth flights, excellent rooms and food. 

Linda Ginn with her quilt "One Day at a Time: 2021 Temperatures
in Hattiesburg, Mississippi"


Here are a few of my favorites. Enlarge to read titles and makers' names. 





"The Long Goodbye" by Lea McComas

Enlarge to see--quilting stitches say One For Me on black/red,
One For You on black/white

I recently reconnected (in a SAQA webinar) with my first quilting teacher, Maureen Grigsby, who had moved away from Hattiesburg about 37 years ago. When she learned we were going to be in Des Moines, she drove up from Missouri to visit with us. What a wonderful time we had! My blue/purple hair attracted quite a few "I like your hair" comments, and we ran into some more adventuresome people and had fun getting pictures together. 
Maureen Grigsby and me


I wish I knew their names!

One more 
The SAQA Wide Horizons global exhibit was there also. It is so rewarding to get to see some of these amazing works in person that I have seen online and in the SAQA journal. 












No comments: