Saturday, June 15, 2019

Music, Tomatoes, Chameleons, Quilting

I have attended a Festival South concert every day (or night) this week until today, and look forward to the Meistersingers concert tomorrow. There was a spectacular and very loud piano, a baroque trumpet with interesting history, the Impromptu Piano Trio (piano, violin, cello), Beethoven's Fifth and Mendelssohn violin concerto with an amazing 18-year-old soloist, Irish jigs at T-Bones Coffee Shop. I told the Piano Trio that their performance each year at Festival South was my favorite event.
    My caladiums have come up and are beautiful. I have several hostas--one with huge leaves. Cherry tomatoes are still coming on my two little plants. They are so pretty on the vine that I enjoy seeing them for a few days before picking them.




I have been quilting on the Black/White/Red Fractured piece I began in a Marilyn Rose class several years ago. It is good to finish some projects.

The chameleon puzzle is challenging but I am making a little headway--have another chameleon almost done all but his head.
The painters are scheduled to begin the painting of the tongue in groove wood paneling in my living room and dining room next week. This was a big decision but I needed to lighten up these rooms and finally decided to get it done. It gave me a chuckle that the paint I chose was called "muslin." All the furniture will be moved away from the walls, and it seemed best for me to take care of moving the Boehm porcelain. Linda helped me move the pieces from the china cabinet into some kitchen cabinets for safety. The painter was relieved when I told him I would do this.



1 comment:

tierneycreates said...

What a lovely update! Plants and the fractured quilt are spectacular! Hope the painting is going well!