Monday, August 20, 2018

Finishing MOP, Shrinking Computer Screen Emergency

Stitching the centers of the Mississippi Orange Peel, wondering if I have any of the backing left for a sleeve.

Back at the computer--I often have to move cats out of the way so I can see the screen, but last night while trying to move Rahrah, this happened!
Computer screen with Facebook in a tall, narrow column
Brand new situation for me. Luckily, Linda had a suggestion that worked. Gee whiz--there is more about the computer I don't know than I do!

Last week I did a "Kindness in Action" TV interview about our Pine Belt Quilters guild activities called relating to Forrest General Hospital. We donate 400+ children's quilts every year to FGH and other area hospitals and children's shelters. TV interviews are kind of scary but I'm so proud of our guild that I swallowed my nerves and pride and did it. It's always interesting to see how much of the valid information gets tossed and what will be included in a two-minute spot! But it's fun to brag on our guild. Click on this link in case you want to watch. A group from Purvis is also featured about their making scarves for breast cancer patients.
We have had two days of heavy, stormy rains, and the cats took full advantage for some major sleeping on one of my oldest, softest, favorite quilts, made in 1987. (That's 31 years ago!) This is when I learned to draft my own blocks, choose color palette, and hand quilt. Note the lint/pet hair removal tool on the headboard.


No comments: