Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Presentations About Art Quilting

I enjoyed sharing my love of art quilting with a Mississippi guild, the Brookhaven Piecemakers, this week. The library where they meet had AV equipment, which allowed me to show Powerpoint slides of how I get inspiration for my work. I brought along many quilts to show, but it was most helpful to tell the back story and show my patterns and steps to completion. My good friend Ollie Jean Lane rode with me and helped hold and fold pieces. It is so much fun to hear quilters say they are eager to get home and create!

Brookhaven Piecemakers Guild
Showing details to Cindy Hebert

Last week I spoke to a group at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Southern Miss about my trip to China for The Sum of Many Parts: 25 Quiltmakers in 21st Century America exhibit.
 
OLLI offers non-credit educational programs designed especially for members age 50 and older. Philanthropist Bernard Osher has made grants to more than 120 universities and colleges in 49 states and the District of Columbia, and Hattiesburg and Southern Miss are fortunate to be the recipients of his generosity. OLLI has 10-week classes, one-time seminars, as well as trips and social events.
In fact, I'm in a watercolor class myself! No pictures needed here.

No comments: